Last updated: 16 September 2019.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we learn from visitor helps us personalize and continually improve your Van Gelder experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our web site, and communicating with you.
- Making a Purchase:We collect personal data from you in order to process your purchase, confirm your order, and ship items to you. This personal data may include your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and payment card information.
- Creating an Account:You have the opportunity to create a personal account with Van Gelder, which allows you to shop faster and easier online. When you create a personal account with Van Gelder, we collect personal data which may include your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and payment card information. By creating a user name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to view and/or edit your profile, address book, payment methods and order history. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access information and for controlling access to your account. If you ever use a public computer to visit your account, we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session.
- Marketing:You may sign up on the Websites or in stores to receive promotional emails, texts, and other communications from Van Gelder. When you sign up, we may collect personal data such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and preferences. If you elect to be added to the Van Gelder marketing list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, offers, news, and events from Van Gelder. From time to time, we may also provide information to you about the Bernadette van Gelder Foundation.
- Customer Care:If you call, email or chat with our Customer Care team, we may collect personal data such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and – if you choose to make a purchase – your payment card information and billing address. We use this information to assist you and to process and/or review your transaction.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Van Gelder.
If you use the Van Gelder Jewellery website without changing your settings, we assume that you agree with receiving the cookies on our website. Van Gelder uses functional / tracking cookies, that are necessary to provide the services on the website. Our website provides links or ‘buttons’ to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from that of Van Gelder Jewellery. The personal information you may submit to that website is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. On the website social media buttons are included to promote web pages or parts thereof on social networks like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. These buttons work through snippets of code derived from this respective third party itself. As a result, when you use such button or page you may be presented with cookies from these websites and these third party cookies may track your use of the Van Gelder Jewellery website. Van Gelder Jewellery does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information about the use of your (personal) data they process through these cookies.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the information we collect from our customers for various purposes, including to:
- Proces transactions;
- Send communications to you about our products, services, promotions, offers, news, and events
- Improve our stores, Websites, events, customers shopping experience, and quality of service;
- Determine the amount, location and frequency of customer traffic into our stores;
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse;
- Process information or claims in connection with incidents at our stores;
- Enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf (such as the shipper);
- Respond to requests for information or services;
- Communicate with you about changes to our Websites;
- Comply with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures; and
- Otherwise for internal administrative and analytics purposes.
If you have provided personal data to us through more than one method, for example, in store and online, we may combine such information for the purposes identified above.
We will not sell your personal data to any third party. We may share your information under certain circumstances with business partners that help the Websites function or assist us in fulfilling your order.
Information about our visitors is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We only release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Van Gelder, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers or visitors for commercial purposes.
We may disclose your personal data to companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may disclose your personal data to service providers and vendors that assist us as follows:
- To manage a database of customer information;
- To distribute emails;
- To distribute other marketing materials or advertisements, including on our Websites;
- To operate our stores in certain jurisdictions;
- To provide data storage and/or analytics;
- To prevent fraud;
- To provide customer service;
- To provide other services designed to assist us in providing products and services to you.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use reasonable security methods to safeguard the information we collect from you through the Web site. Van Gelder shall secure and process the personal data in accordance with the Dutch Privacy Act ( Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens).However, because no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of your data on our servers. In addition, because internet communication is unsecure, we cannot warrant the security of your information or guarantee that the information you transmit to our Web site may not be intercepted, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
REMOVAL FROM MARKETING LIST
To be removed from our marketing list, please email us at email@example.com, or simply click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of any of the emails that we send you. Please allow us at least ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already be in process before you submit your request.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
Our Website is not intended for children. We do not intentionally collect any personal data from children under the age of eighteen, and will dispose of any such information if we become aware that it has been provided to us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about your privacy or security on our Website, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. If your country of residence is in Europe, you may also contact us at Van Gelder Indian Jewellery, Nachtegaalslaantje 1, 52211 LE ‘s-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands.
LEGAL BASES FOR USING PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal data only if we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- where you have given consent to our specific use.
The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is further explained below.
|Purposes for which we will process the information||Legal Basis for the processing|
|To deliver services to users and process transactions.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To send communications to you about our products, services, promotions, offers, news, and events.||We will send electronic communications to you if you have consented to these communications. With respect to other communications, it is in our legitimate interest to communicate to you about our products, services, promotions, offers, news, and events. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To improve our stores, Websites, events, customers shopping experience, and quality of service.||It is in our legitimate interest to improve our offerings. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To determine the amount, location and frequency of customer traffic into our stores.||It is in our legitimate interest to understand our customer traffic at our stores. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To process information or claims in connection with incidents at our stores.||We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.|
|To enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf;||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in this manner in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us. It is also in our legitimate interest to enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To notify you of any changes to the Websites that may affect you.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To provide you with information and services that you request from us.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To administer our Websites including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
To improve our Websites to ensure that consent is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, Device or other item of hardware through which you access the Websites; and
To keep our Websites safe and secure and to prevent detect fraud and abuse;
To comply with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures
|For all these categories, it is in our legitimate interest to continually monitor and improve our services and your experience of the Websites and to ensure network security. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.
We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.
|To process otherwise for internal administrative and analytics purposes.||It is in our legitimate interest to process your personal data for internal administrative or analytics purposes. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
DATA SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTS
You have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal data, and access to the personal data and related information.
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal data corrected, as permitted by law.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, as permitted by law.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, as permitted by law, under limited circumstances.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com above. Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
Van Gelder Indian Jewellery
5211 LE ’s-Hertogenbosch
Chamber of Commerce number: 16048636
+31 (0)73 303 48 00